Saturday, September 4, 2010

It's good to be flexible.....The Bobbi Boss Indi Remi Ocean Wave review

So I haven't done any real beauty blogging, but I gave my wig happy life a bit of a hiatus and bought myself something special for my birthday








The very popular Bobbi Boss Indi Remi hair in Ocean Wave. 

I researched it for MONTHS before I was willing to hand out my hard earned dollars for this hair. At my local BSS it ran for about $99.99/pack for 14 inches (my desired length). To complete a full sew-in I would need two packs. Sorry call me cheap, but I could not envision paying two hundred bucks for weave. Call me what you  want, but that's just a massive negative. After a little penny pinching and digging I found a great website that sells remy hair for wholesale price. By purchasing it on myremy.com I got the same two packs for $65.00/each add in shipping and handling ($15) and I still paid fifty-five bucks less than what I would have paid for retail price. 

Well.....
Initially I loved it. Seriously loved it like it was my own little child then my perfect hair became not so perfect.


Now this is after I followed all the rules. Put it in plaits at night, used a paddle brush to detangle, brushing from the bottom up,wearing a satin bonnet and all. Maybe it was the heat but that shid frizzed big time. And though I was told to not use products on my hair I pulled out the product junkie arsenal. Cause please believe me I was gonna save this hair like it was my child drowning.


The arsenal included: 
Herbal Essences Tousle me Softly Spray Gel
Herbel Essences Totally Twisted Curl Scrunching Gel
Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Leave-In Conditioning Cream
and.....
Jumbo Size Flexi-Rods

and for comedies sake



The two med. size yellow magnetic rollers were for my own natural leave out. 
So after an "interesting" nights sleep in the morning I got this...



Better but yet frizzies and flyaways still exist!!! Grrrrr!


I was going to crop the pic better, but then I realized I matched my bathroom really well that day ;p
So all that to say I am very 50/50 about this hair. I will work with it to the end because of the price but I just can't say I'm willing to purchase this brand again.  
Any suggestions ladies???

1 comment:

  1. oooh, that looks so pretty!!! It sounds like u got a GREAT deal on the hair. I've never used Bobbi Boss, before but think I might after seeing how cute u look!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails