Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Turning the page: A new Life

Warning: I have lived enough life to know a thing or two, but I also have lived enough to know in the whole span of it all I don't know a damn thing. It's true to say when you feel like you know everything. More than likely you don't know squat. At least the person who doesn't have the answers is still trying to find them. That takes some humbling and intelligence.

I am what I like to call the outcome of a Mississippi-Tennessee collaboration, that just happens to be Wisconsin born and raised. Racine, Wisconsin to be precise. Home of kringle and the team that won the Championships in the 1992 motion picture A League of Their Own.

The All-American Girls Professional Baseball League

1945 Racine Belles


Yep, that's all my city really has going for itself. I have lived here for my entire life, and though it's home it's also......stagnating. If you ever want to know what it's like to live in a town full of people with a crab in a barrel behaviorism come check us out. If not keep it moving. I have decided to move. Not far away. My dream would be to land in Memphis, or Atlanta. Somewhere where all my cute chubby existence would be sopped up biscuit style by all the hot guys, but instead I'm moving about thirty minutes north. Destination: Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Not familiar with Milwaukee? Let me help you out...LOL



I could go as far as Happy Days and the like, but you get the point. LOL

Why Milwaukee? Well E.B. ,the love of my life requested it. And I need something new. I've been an independent woman damn near since birth, but sometimes when you have something on your mind you really want to do you need a push. My push was his request. It's the place where he was raised and though I am not normally a fan of women making moves like this I'm making it on my own terms. It's kinda scary to do, but I'm so excited! I need a bigger city. One with cool organic grocery stores, hundreds of coffee shops, more than one mall, and it's own basketball team!

Part of me is kinda scared too, but I am bubbling over with excitement at the same time. Time for something big, something new and something.....better!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new move!!! Sometimes we just need that extra push to get us somewhere and for you it means relocating to a new place. Can't wait to hear more about your new town!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails